This week we’ll be reading, reflecting, and responding to the Parable of the Great Banquet found in Luke 14:15-24.
Introduction of Luke 14:15-24
This Reflection on Reality challenges our understanding of entitlement and inclusion. It offers a picture of including the poor and marginalized as well as including the Gentiles.
To accept the invitation beforehand and then to refuse it when the day came was a serious insult. We are all occupied with legitimate concerns, but to give those concerns priority over God and God’s way of living is called into question.
- Read: Luke 14:15-16.
- Reflect and respond: What would it be like to be invited to God’s party?
- Read: Luke 14:17
- Reflect and respond: What an experience of grace! How do you respond to the following scenario? You’re an invited guest and you’re not expected to offer anything.
- Read Luke 14:18-20
- Reflect and respond: What excuses have you made for not participating in God’s way of living?
- Read: Luke 14:21
- Reflect and respond: Who do you think will be invited to God’s party?
- Read: Luke 14:22-23
- Reflect and respond: Who would be at your table if the invitation was open to all?
- Read Luke 14:24
- Reflect and respond: How have you answered the invitation?
If you’re new to Facebook Groups, this is a closed group. What does that mean? Anyone can see the group and who is in the group. Only Members of Closed Groups can see the conversation.
Not on Facebook? No problem! Use the comment section below.
What Parable is Next?
April 22: Parable of the Lost Sheep and the Lost Coin – 15:1-10
April 29: Parable of the Lost Son – 15:11-31 – Part One (Focus upon 15:11-24)
May 6: Parable of the Lost Son – 15:11-32 – Part Two (Focus upon 15:25-32)
May 13: Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector – Luke 18:9-14