Episode 167: 5 Aspects of Self-Awareness
March 2, 2021
What is self-awareness? Tim and Sara highlight five aspects of self-awareness that are essential for courageous, Christ-centered leaders and in daily life.
Explore these five aspects and listen throughout the month of March to episodes highlighting how different leaders continue to deepen their self-awareness.
Five Aspects of Self-Awareness to Consider
- Identifying emotions – Can you name what you’re feeling and the thoughts associated with those feelings?
- Accurate self-perception – Do you know how your words and actions land on people?
- Recognizing strengths – What can you do better than anyone else? This isn’t a competition, but an awareness of your giftedness.
- Possessing strong self-confidence – Does your ego balance itself out? You’re able to do things because you have an ego, but your ego gets checked with humility
- Possessing self-efficacy – Can you exert control over your own motivation, behavior, and social environment?
Questions to consider
- Which of the five aspects of self-awareness do you need to spend time exploring?
- What question(s) do you need to ask yourself to be able to respond instead of reacting? Is it different for different situations?