Emmanuel: God with Us
It’s time for a moment of honesty.
What feelings does Christmas bring up for you?
Are you feeling:
- something else?
Whatever vibration in your soul emerges when Christmas draws near, here’s the question Tim and Sara explore on the podcast: Do you have the courage to recognize God is with you?
God’s Embrace is Waiting For You
In other words, this season where the message of Emmanuel, God with us, is being shared, do you have the courage to be vulnerable with God?
Whatever you may be experiencing this Christmas, God is with you. The promise of God’s presence doesn’t dissipate with our feelings and it doesn’t intensify with our feelings.
The wonder of the God we know in Jesus is the steady offer of a loving embrace, regardless of our response. Jesus shows up, with open arms, waiting to embrace you.
That’s the message of Christmas. God showing up and embracing the world. And, yes, “the world” that includes YOU!
So be reminded this Christmas…
- When God wanted us to know everything we needed to know about love, God did not write a paragraph, God wrote it in a person – Jesus.
- When God wanted to make it clear how much He loved us. God did not say it in a sentence, God said it in a Savior – Jesus
- When God sent us the most important message we could ever receive, God did not place it in a mailbox, God placed it in a manger – In Jesus.
- God did not send a text or an email when he came through time to embrace us, God came in person – the person of Jesus.
- When God’s word became flesh, love took on a face. God’s word became human in Jesus and love became the language of life.
A Love that Will Not Let You Go
In Jesus, the Word made flesh or God’s word in human form, God is with you in a way you can see, hear, and touch. God is present in the people around you. So, when you live into your values of love and grace you can develop the courage to recognize God is with you.
May God’s embrace surround you this Christmas with a love that will not let you go.
Explore the other Characters of Christmas
The Courage of the Shepherds
The Courage of the Angels
The Courage of Mary
The Courage of Joseph
The Courage of Elizabeth
The Courage of Zechariah
Mentioned in this Episode
Register your interest in “It Takes Courage” a four-week study of courage and scripture.
Become a LeaderCast Insider – be the first to know every week when a new episode of LeaderCast goes live. You’ll also get links to the resources for each episode!
Download the Advent Bible Reading Plan: The Characters of Christmas
Dare to Lead Workshop
This January, we’ll begin hosting workshops to help you learn the skills we’re exploring in the podcast. Register your interest below.
If you want to learn the skills you need to lead and live with courage, complete this simple form and let us know you’re interested in Dare to Lead.