Being a Jesus Follower at Work
November 12, 2019
How can I be faithful at work?
That’s the question we’re diving into this week. When you’re confronted with the reality that the work you get paid to do has nothing to do with your faith, you may be wondering, “How can I be a Jesus follower at work?”
“Being a Jesus follower is who you are, not what you do.” But, it does mean learning to be courageous in the places that we work.
First, we’ll briefly remind you of the four skills that make up courageous leadership. Then we’ll turn to rumbling with vulnerability in the workplace.
No, we’re not asking you to pick a fight.
We’re inviting you to get curious and explore the emotion that you feel in times of uncertainty, risk, and emotional exposure. Once you’re curious, building relationships with people is central to being a Jesus follower. Once people get to know your heart and know you care, it opens up all sorts of conversations about family, interest, and yes, even faith.
We’ll talk about a couple of scenarios that might emerge in the workplace and invite you to step into rumbling with vulnerability so other people may encounter the love of Jesus through you.
Ready to learn more?
Join Tim and Sara for Episode 093 as they help you explore what it means to be a Jesus follower at work.
Then, grab the Transformation Guide to put into action what you hear on this episode.
Mentioned in the Episode
- It Takes Courage – a four week Bible reading plan and devotional about courage. Starting in January.
- Dare to Lead Workshop – This January, we’ll begin hosting workshops to help you learn the skills we’re exploring in the podcast. Register your interest below.
- If you want to learn the skills you need to lead and live with courage, complete this simple form and let us know you’re interested in Dare to Lead.
- Become a LeaderCast Insider – be the first to know every week when a new episode of LeaderCast goes live. You’ll also get links to the resources for each episode!
- Get the Transformation Guide