Listening to God through Scripture, Prayer and Community
July 30, 2019
Are You a Leader Who Listens?
In the midst of the chaos and distractions, leaders who listen focus on relationships. In other words, leaders learn to listen by engaging in the ongoing practice of listening. They listen to God, the church, and the local community.
In this episode, we’ll explore listening to God through scripture, prayer and the community. Tim and Sara answer the questions, “Why listen through the scripture? And what are we listening for?”
Through stories and examples, we give you five big ideas that leaders listen for as they engage the scriptures, in prayer, and listening to the community.
By listening to God, to the congregation, and to the community you can and will become a leader who listens. When you listen, you are better equipped to assist the congregation to live out their faith, to love and serve in the community as well as where they live and work.
There is a great need for leaders who listen.
Interested in learning the skills you need to lead with courage? Complete this simple form and let us know you’re interested in Dare to Lead. we’ll keep you updated about opportunities for you to become a brave leader and create courageous cultures.
Mentioned in this Episode
Prayer Walk – Step by step guide to Listening to God through your community.
The Seven Missional Questions
- Setting the Foundation with Purpose and Presence – Episode 007
- Bridging the Needs and Assets of Your Mission Field – Episode 008
- Leveraging Relationships and Collaboration for Kingdom Impact – Episode 009
- Sorting the Seven Questions for Focus and Clarity – Episode 011
- Sign-up to learn more about Dare to Lead.
- Become a LeaderCast Insider – be the first to know every week when a new episode of LeaderCast goes live. You’ll also get links to the resources for each episode!
- A Guide to Prayer for All God’s People
- A Guide to Prayer for All Who Walk with God
- A Guide to Prayer for All Who Seek God
- Spiritual Formation Bible