Three Insights for Navigating Competing Values
April 23, 2019
Navigating Competing Values
Holding the tension between two important values is never easy – especially for leaders. In this episode, we explore the tension in Galatians 1 between the Law (or rules) and grace.
Using stories from the everyday experience of driving, we identify three insights for leaders to navigate competing values.
1. Stay focused on the main subject. In Galatians, Jesus is our focus.
2. Own your own story.
3. Celebrate what is essential and what is emerging.
Tim Bias and Sara Thomas unpack these three insights to help you lead others to follow Jesus.
After listening to the podcast, consider the following:
- What is Paul’s letter to the Galatians teaching you about grace, Jesus, and being a follower of Jesus?
- What 3 ground rules guide you in holding the tension between what is essential and what is emerging?
- Become a LeaderCast Insider – be the first to know every week when a new episode of LeaderCast goes live. You’ll also get links to the resources for each episode!
- Get Following Jesus Every Day: Galatians, Gospel of Grace, a daily Bible Study that invites you to read, reflect, and respond to Scripture every day. We’ll deliver an email to your inbox each morning to help you journey through the book of Galatians. Sign up today!