Are You Walking Your Talk?
April 16, 2019
In Part 2 of this short series on core values, we’re talking personal values. Part 1 (Episode 062) covers congregational core values. Each episode stands alone while serving as a partner.
A Conversation About Personal Values
What are your values? You only have one set of values. You can’t separate work values from personal values. Said differently, you can’t separate your role as a spouse, parent, or friend from those of a pastor or follower of Jesus.
Not sure all of the roles you fill in life help you live into your values? Not to worry. You may not be alone. LeaderCast is here to help! In this episode will help guide you through a three-step process to claim your personal values.
First, download the Personal Core Values Companion Guide. It will help you narrow down your core values to two primary values. Then, as you listen to this episode hit pause and complete the rest of the worksheet.
In This Episode
We’ll walk through a three-step process:
- Clarify your two core values. Yes, just two!
- Name the behaviors that support and detract from your values.
- Identify the people that support you and how you care for yourself so that you can live into these values.
Consider how your core values and the associated behaviors contribute to the ministry you lead.
- Where is there alignment? misalignment?
As you seek to lead from your core values, remember the behaviors that help guide you. Living and leading with our core values requires intention and effort.
Continue the journey of leading a movement of Jesus followers today, tomorrow, and into the future. At least two times a year, return to your core values to check that you’re leading from a place of integrity.
- Download the Personal Core Values Companion Sheets to identify your two core values and explore how they can support your leadership.
- Download the Congregational Core Values Companion Sheets. You’ll be guided through leading the local church leadership in identifying the congregation’s core values and the accompanying behaviors the church seeks to encourage.
- Download the Rumble Starter Kit (Mentioned in the Congregational Core Value Worksheets).
- Become a LeaderCast Insider – be the first to know every week when a new episode of LeaderCast goes live. You’ll also get links to the resources for each episode!
- Participate in Following Jesus Every Day: Galatians, Gospel of Grace, a daily Bible Study that invites you to read, reflect, and respond to Scripture every day. We’ll deliver an email to your inbox each morning to help you journey through the book of Galatians. Sign up today! We’re starting April 22.