This week we’ll be reading, reflecting, and responding to the Parable of the Lost Sheep and the Lost Coin found in Luke 15:1-10
- Read Luke 15:1-10
These Reflections on Reality reveal the extravagance of God’s amazing grace. Jesus not only does not reject sinners; he does more than merely tolerate or condescendingly accept them. They are guests at his table.
- Read 15:1-2
- Reflect and Respond: With whom do you identify? Tax collectors and sinners? Pharisees and scribes?
- Read Luke 15:3-6
- Reflect and respond: When have you risked your reputation and security to care for someone who cost you both time and money?
- Read Luke 15:7
- Reflect and Respond: When have you celebrated when someone has experienced God’s amazing and extravagant grace? Have you ever been offended by God’s amazing and extravagant grace?
- Read: Luke 15:8
- Reflect and respond: How much time and effort do you put into caring for people who are considered outsiders
- Read: Luke 15:9
- Reflect and respond: What are you rejoicing about today?
- Read: Luke 15:10
- Reflect and respond: Can you imagine the joy over one person whose life is transformed by the grace of God?
Our conversations are moving from our Facebook Page to a Facebook Group for discussion. Click here to join. We’ll approve you within 24 hours.
If you’re new to Facebook Groups, this is a closed group. What does that mean? Anyone can see the group and who is in the group. Only Members of Closed Groups can see the conversation.
Not on Facebook? No problem! Use the comment section below.
What Parable is Next?
April 29: Parable of the Lost Son – 15:11-31 – Part One (Focus upon 15:11-24)
May 6: Parable of the Lost Son – 15:11-32 – Part Two (Focus upon 15:25-32)
May 13: Parable of the Pharisee and the Tax Collector – Luke 18:9-14